* Town wide sidewalk chalk art competition from 9am to 1pm
Main Stage (Gazebo) :
9:00 – 9:05 : Welcome , event Kick off
9:05 – 9:30- Steven Spires author of The Three Little Shrimp and The Oak Tree will read his books for story time
9:30- 9:55 – Alison Buehler author of Tall Tales for Small People (A Giant Bully & A Dreadful Giant)
10:00 - 10:25 - Yvonne Perret author of The Little Float that Could will read her book and do related activity sheets
10:30 – 10:55 - Leif Pedersen author of The Swamp Kids series including Pierre’s Pirogue Parade, The Missing Chord & A Dog Named Cat will read two of his books for story time
11:00 – 11:25 - Todd-Michael St. Pierre author of Chicory & Roux: The Creole Mouse and the Cajun Mouse will read for story time
11:30 – 11:55 - Tracey Koch(author) and Lauren Hawthorne (illustrator) of Georges The Goose From Toulouse who only ate Couscous will present in an interactive presentation and story time
Story Telling Tent :
9:15 - 11:15 - Costumed Storytellers will spin yarns
11:15 – 12:15 - West Feliciana High School young author presentations : "Galapagos Islands" by Sydney Corbin and Madison Pollet and "Lonesome George" by Morgan Chism.
9:00 – 10:00- Art lesson & Crafting Project by artist Catherine Leake
10:00 – 11:00 - Illustrator Chuck Galey will lead an interactive presentation in the crafting tent
11:00 – 12:00- Art Lesson & Crafting Project
12:00 – 1:00 - Mike Artell (author & Illustrator) author of the books Jacques and de beanstalk, three little Cajun pigs, Petite Rouge : a Cajun red riding hood will demonstrate illustrating in an interactive presentation
Palmer Park Book Signings & Sales :
10:30 am to Noon CC Lockwood will sign his kids book : CC Lockwood’s Louisiana Nature Guide at The Conundrum Tent
9am – 2pm : Book Signings and Sales in The Authors Corner at Palmer Park
At the Library:
12:30 – 2:00 pm There will be a screening of the Disney Movie Geek Charming based on the book by the same name by author Robin Palmer (bring a bag lunch, drinks will be provided)
2:00 – 2:30 discussion with Robin Palmer (teen / young adult age group)
2:30 – 3:30 pm Shalanda Stanley author of the young adult books Drowning is Inevitable will speak to teens on her book and on the craft of writing
Author submissions now being accepted for a new Children’s Book Festival.
The First Annual West Feliciana Children’s Book Festival will be held during National Children’s Book week on
Saturday May 6, 2017 in St. Francisville, LA
This exciting new event will bring together authors of Children’s , Middle Grade and Young Adult Books to read, perform, and discuss their books with their readers and parents under the oaks of beautiful and historic St. Francisville, Louisiana. There will also be a storytelling tent , crafts, sidewalk chalk art and food.
Join us for this fun day in the country and plan to make it a must on your calendar annually.
To be considered for inclusion in this event contact Missy@conundrumbooks.com.
This event is a joint partnership between The Conundrum Books & Puzzles and The West Feliciana Parish Library.
Reading Gives You Wings
The First Annual West Feliciana Children’s Book Festival will be held Saturday May 6, 2017 in St. Francisville, Louisiana
Please read all of the following information before submitting a book to the West Feliciana Children’s Book Festival:
Participating in the Festival as a featured author is by invitation only. Authors who are invited to participate will be featured in a solo, moderated or panel session or performance; the Festival does not feature authors for book signings only.
What do I need to do for my book to be considered?
To be considered as a featured author and/performer for the West Feliciana Children’s Book Festival:
· Email your complete contact information to the West Feliciana Children’s Book Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org with “WFCBF Submission” in the subject line .
· Send or have your publicist send as much of the following as possible:
- One copy of a finished book, galley/ARC, or manuscript you wish to be considered; electronic submissions will not be considered
- A list of honors, previously published titles and publications of poems, stories or articles in periodicals or anthologies
- Information about your ability to fund your own lodging and travel to St Francisville if your publisher is not covering the cost
- Your completed submission packet must be postmarked on or before March 20, 2017.
Send your submission packet to:
The West Feliciana Children’s Book Festival
c/o Conundrum Books
St. Francisville, LA 70775
Please bear in mind:
- There is no fee for submissions.
- Meeting the criteria for consideration does not guarantee an invitation to participate in the Festival as a featured author.
- Books submitted for consideration will not be returned, and authors will receive neither feedback nor critique of submitted works.
What types of books are considered?
- Children’s Picture and Story Books
- Middle Grade Fiction
- Yound Adult Fiction
What types of books are not considered?
The West Feliciana Children’s Book Festival focuses on the promotion of reading to young minds.
What if I'm a self-published or self-printed author?
Self-published titles will only be considered if:
- The title is bound.
- Printed copies can be available for our bookseller to sell.
The consideration for self-published titles that meet the above criteria will be the same as traditionally published books, outlined above. The Festival will not accept self-published titles that exist only in eBook format or self-published works in the following categories: photo books, self-help books or poetry collections.
Other independently published authors, including those whose books are not selected for inclusion, may take part in the Festival as exhibitors by renting space to display and sell their work at the Festival. Please inquire to Missy@conundrumbooks.com for more information on exhibiting space.
What happens when a book is selected?
- We will begin issuing invitations to participate in the Festival as a featured author in late March and continue until the roster is full.
- We will ask authors who are invited to participate to provide materials for inclusion in the Festival program and on the website.
- We do not provide monetary compensation for participation.
- As we are unable to notify individuals who are not selected, we post an announcement on the festival website and facebook page when all submissions have been considered and invitations have been sent.
Author & Vendor Exhibit Registration
The West Feliciana Children’s Book Festival
Saturday May 6, 2017
Registration and Rules:
· Authorsof Children’s, Middle grade and Young Adult books not featured at the festival are invited to apply to sell their published books at The West Feliciana Children’s Book Festival on Saturday May 6, 2017
· Authors will set up their own tables at assigned spaces at the festival in St. Francisville, La
· All authors with published books are invited to apply
· Table price is $ 25.00
· Payments due upon notification of selection by committee
· Authors will be selected and assigned space by our committee
· Books must be currently in print, with copies available for sale
· Authors must bring everything they need, including tables, table cloths, chair , small tent or sun cover, signage, books, change, credit card processing supplies etc. and transport all materials to and from their cars
· Rain Plan: If rain is predicted, authors will be assigned a “Rain Plan” location
· Registration fees are non-refundable
· Specifics on exhibit set-up times will be provided after vendors have been approved
· Questions? Contact : Missy@conundrumbooks.com
Author Name: _________________________________________________________________________
Title of Book(s): ________________________________________________________________________
Email address: _________________________________________________________________________
Telephone # : _________________________________________________________________________
Mailing Address: _______________________________________________________________________
Send completed form to : Missy@conundrumbooks.com